Ringing noise in ear

When my surroundings go quite especially at night while goin to bed, i hear a continuous ringing noise inside my ears. Can u tell me the cause and remedy for this?

Doctor Answers (2) on Ringing noise in ear

Dr. Sankarshana V T Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
The ringing in the ears especially when the surrounding is quiet is tinnitus and at your age the first thing that would concern me is if at all u listen to loud music then it can happen or else get a PTA done and a Vit B12 level checked and avoid areas with loud noise it would help and see an ENT for other causes too
Dr. D.Vidyasagar Hyderabad | Rhinologist
There are very many reasons for the ringing sounds heard. It could be a normal thing or it can be a small swelling in the hearing nerve.If sleep disturbance is there for you please consult an ENT surgeon for further evaluation. You might require a basic hearing test and few blood tests to check your hemoglobin percentage.