Noise in ear
I have been experiencing strange noise in my left ear continously since the last month. It gets worse whenever there is silence i.e no other background noise. It is really irritating. However i dont experience any pain or any other complication in the affected ear. Is it tinnitus that i am suffering from ? How do i go about getting it fixed ? Thanks.

Dr. Pinaki Mazumder
Otologist/ Neurotologist 32 yrs exp Kolkata

You get the following basic investigations done, PTA with SISI ,tone decay test , BERA and consult an experienced ENT surgeon. He may order for CT or MRI scan if necessary.