Right side Paralysis

Hello Dr. My husband (age 35yrs) suffered from brain stroke on 27th July 2016 n got fully right side paralysed n not able to talk. His neurosurgeon said he had some blood clot in left side of the brain n prescribed him to take levipril (thrice in a day), alpha citum(twice in day), idebest, vescurite (once in day) n rosumac gold 20 (once in day) bcz he is a heart patient too. Now in 3 months he is able to walk n his hand is little bit working but still he had problem in speech. He continued physiotherapy n speech therapy both. I want to know how long it takes his recovery to be as he is in his normal life n able to talk. He understands everything but dnt know "what to right", "how to form word n sentence." Sometimes, due to this he got frustrated n irritated. I m very much worried about him.

Doctor Answers (1) on Right side Paralysis

Dr. Sukirti Chauhan Chennai | Neurosurgeon
Your treatment is on the right track. Kindly continue. As far as mood disturbance is related- just pep him up. As far as cognition is concerned- as long as he understands- it suggests improvement. It take months and sometimes years to recover, but complete recovery is difficult. But, looking at his recovery based on your data, it is actually very good and fast. Just follow your doctor's advice and continue treatment . Tk cr.