Right knee ligament tear

The below information is from my MRI report. Please suggest me what should I do should I go for a surgery or there is any other way avoiding the surgery and get well through medication. Complet tear of medial patellar retinaculum with adjacent fluid collection and subcutaneous edema. Sprain at distal portion of ACL. Sprain of medial collateral ligament. Marrow edema in posterior portion of lateral femoral condyle. Mild amount of effusion in suprapatellar bursa.

Dr. Ravi Nayak
Orthopedic Surgeon 11 yrs exp Mumbai
Your MRI shows tear of the medial patellar retinacular ligament. This involves tear of the ligament next to the knee cap on the inner side of the knee. A thorough examination will reveal any loss of extension at the knee, extent of instability at the knee and movement of the knee cap (called patellar tracking). Initial treatment involves physiotherapy for compensation of this tear by strengthening the muscles on the inner aspect of the knee. If the tear results in poor movement, instability or poor patellar tracking, surgery in the form of ligament reconstruction may be considered.