Right eye squint

Problem :- if i close my right eye i can see things clear. The effect of right eye is closed on mind is very less. But if i try vice versa, The effect of left eye is closed on mind is very high. I can things but its hard to understand. For example something is written on wall. I can identify the colour of letters n wall colour but i can't understand the words. Problem history :- I have a squint from birth in my right eye(divergent). At age of 8 years, in an accident i got cut between right eye and top side of right ear. Cut was not deep but may be impact was heavy. After 2 years i realised that i am having issue to see with right eye. N told my father. We consult few doctors in town after that we consult doctor in aiims. Doctor from aiims told us that due to injury, there is swelling in retina. Give some medicine n advice to eat vitamin A more will effect in reducing swell. With time it gonna be alright. For squint operation must be after age of 18. What is the issue and solution?

Doctor Answers (2) on Right eye squint

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello There are two issues 1. Vision: I think you have amblyopia (lazy eye) in right eye due to squint... Treatment of lazy eye is effective upto 17 yrs of age. After that age there is no proven treatment 2. Squint: Squint can be easily corrected by squint surgery
Dr. Pranav Dave Surat | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
I think you have misunderstood aiiims doctors advice. From your history it seems that you have right eye amblyopia (lazy eye). And you may have some refraction (numbers) in right eye. If the eye is amblyopic then even with glasses you can not see better. This numbers can be eliminated after 18 yrs of age. Squint surgery can be done at any age. Even in childhood also. So I think you better consult an ophthalmologist and properly understand his advice.