Rheumatoid arthritis
What is the best way to manage RA? can I continue running now that I am diagonised with RA? I also have Uveitis due to RA. So is my case severe or manageable?

Dr. Anuradha Sharma (PT)
Clinical Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Noida

Calcium supplements must and do gentle movement of every joint and tk help physiotherapist
Dr. Tanushree Vedi
Physiotherapist 5 yrs exp Faridabad
With proper medications for your RA you would need regular physio sessions to keep your joints functional and active and prevent any deformity to set in ( prevention is better than cure). If your joints are functioning well and you are maintaining your fitness with regular exercises and physio sessions then you can even continue running! Every illness has a solution!
Dr. Amit Dua
Rheumatologist 6 yrs exp Delhi
Hi ... Rheumatoid arthritis can be controlled with the regular medicines..timely medicines can prevent complications and deformities thus prevent disability. Regarding uveitis i would say that About half of the time, uveitis occurs as an independent disease. The remaining 50% of cases of uveitis can be associated with other illnesses. It is very important that we should rule out infectious etiology before we think it's associated with rheumatological diseases . also malignancy to be kept in mind. Usually uveitis is more common associated with ankylosing spondylitis but can be seen with rheumatoid arthritis. Visit your rheumatologist and opthalmologist for proper and aggressive management of your condition. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Dr. Nataraj H M
Orthopedist 11 yrs exp Bangalore
RA can be managed by medicines.. If RA has not damaged ur joints of lower limb, u can run.. Presence of uveitis is not an indicator of severity of the disease..