cardiologist-icon

Renal denervation

Where can I get renal denervation done in India. I tried finding it online but could not find any doctor/ hospital offering such facility.pls help

Doctor Answers (2) on Renal denervation

Dr. Ashish Srivastava Noida | General Physician
You can consult Dr Upendra Kaul in Fortis Escorts Delhi or At Fortis Vasant Kunj
He specializes in Renal Denervation for control of hypertension
Dr Ashish Srivastava
General Physician & Clinical Cardiologist
After an international large study SIMPLICITY HTN III (2014) failed to show any true benefit of renal denervation therapy in treatment of hypertension, it has been withdrawn from most of the centers and many earlier operators have stopped doing it. Even the companies who developed the devices for this procedure have started developing newer devices suspecting a fault in the design of current devices. This may be the reason why you are having a tough time to find a center for denervation. By the way, with treatment of the cause (in secondary hypertension), optimal medical management and appropriate lifestyle changes most of the cases of hypertension can be brought well under control. Please show your patient to a qualified cardiologist and get his opinion for further management. Hope this helps.