Related to Periods
I have irregular periods. Had ipill 1week back. That time pregnancy test was negative. No periods after 1 week and pregnancy test is also negative. My doc had prescribed me duphaston for periods last time. Can i start taking it again or shud i wait for some more days for periods.

Dr. Swati Chitnis
Gynecologist 6 yrs exp Pune

Periods occur after variable intervals after taking iPill. Duphastone will not interfere with pregnancy. Wait for your periods, if delayed, do a urine pregnancy test. If it's negative, then you can be given medicines for irregular periods
Dr. Mamta Pattnayak
Gynecologist 14 yrs exp Gurgaon

Hi, when was your last period? Sometimes with i pill periods happens,  sometimes not. Duphaston is progesterone so if you become pregnant it will support the pregnancy. If your periods is on due than wait until the date comes and then do urine pregnancy test. The pregnancy test is positive only after 14 days of sex.
Dr. Rita Bakshi
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 31 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, iPill is a high dosage hormonal medication which causes a hormonal imbalance in the body. This might have been the reason behind your missed periods. Duphaston supports pregnancy if you are pregnant. If you miss your periods then do a urine pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy, Follow up with your gynecologist for further evaluation and management.