Regarding concieving

Hello, I am 26 year old and I have to ask that I had abortion in 22 year and next month I am going to get marry. So, please doctor kindly answer me that I am able to conceive a baby after marriage

Doctor Answers (3) on Regarding concieving

Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, You have fair chances of becoming pregnant since it has been more than 4 years of abortion. Once you get married, try for at least one year to conceive naturally. If you still are unable to conceive, you can visit my clinic Interna tional Fertility Centre located in New Delhi for further evaluation. Our centre is a network of 14 clinics located across India and Nepal. We offer varied fertility treatments and ensure that you have a successful treatment. You can share your contact details to reach you.
Dr. Vijyaben Patel Ahmedabad | Gynecologist
Hi, you can plan pregnancy very well at any time as 4 years passed to last abortion
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Yes you can provided you should be free from pathologies....A woman gets pregnant around the days when ovulation occurs. The average time of ovulation is the 14th day of an average length (28 day) menstrual cycle. Ovulation time vary for each individual, and can occur from 12th to 19th day of the cycle . Sperm can live up to 3 to 5 days in a women's reproductive tract, so it is possible to become pregnant if unprotected sex occurs 5 days before ovulation. The life span of the typical egg is relatively short, only around 24 hours. If fertilization does not occur within that time frame, the egg will die...good luck..