Regarding bowel movements

Hello Dr, My health is normal but always face problem in my bowel movement, passes stools in 2-3 days with constipation. Kindly provide some suggestion.
views-icons 44 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Regarding bowel movements

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Constipation treatment Increase your fiber intake. Adding fiber to your diet increases the weight of your stool and speeds its passage  through your intestines. Slowly begin to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables each day. Choose whole-grain breads and cereals.

A sudden increase in the amount of fiber you eat can cause bloating and gas, so start slowly and work your way up to your goal over a few weeks.

Exercise most days of the week. Physical activity increases muscle activity in your intestines. Try to fit in exercise most days of the week.

Don't ignore the urge to have a bowel movement. Take your time in the bathroom, allowing yourself enough time to have a bowel movement without distractions and without feeling rushed.

Several types of laxatives exist. Each works somewhat differently to make it easier to have a bowel movement.

Consult surgeon for laxatives...