Redness in eye sclera
My 6months baby scratched his eye sclera using nails.It has become red.There is no discharge and irritation.He is active.kindly advise it affects later.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Sangrur

Hello...i think ur kid has scratched his conjnunctiva....nothing to worry...it will heal on its own
Dr. Y Siva Kumar
General Physician 28 yrs exp Hyderabad
By eye sclera I expect that you mean the visible white portion of the eye. Mild congestion on that part may heal without any medications most of the times. But it can also lead to infection sometimes. Continue to observe the eye closely for the next few days. If it is getting worse, get an ophthalmologist consultation. Otherwise, consider yourself lucky !