Red spots in mouth

Hi, I have red spots on the roof of mouth. It just happened today. From today morning i started feeling and when i saw in mirror then i came to know it is red spot. PLease let me know the reasons for this so that i can avoid in future and please tell me what to do now to get relief from this?

Doctor Answers (2) on Red spots in mouth

Seems u hv got traumatic ulcer due to burning of mucosa...did u hd some hot drink like soup or coffee...apply some local anaesthetic gel n take bit B complex thrice a day...ll b fine...a picture wd hv been more helpful though:)
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...I can understand your concern. It would have been better if you had posted a photo of the lesion. The red spots you are referring could be minor apthous erosions. They can occur due to vitamin deficiency, herpes infections, fever liek dengue scarlet, idiopathic also. Treatment for each will vary. So kindly consult a dermatologist for further evaluation.