Red spot in eye
I just noticed this red spot in my eye. I think it's a broken blood vessel inside the eye, but I have no pain at all. Is this Normal? Do I need to see an ophthalmologist immediately? Awaiting your advice, doctor. Thanks.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello I think that is subconjunctival hemorrhage It will resolve without treatment within a week So don't worry
Y Siva Kumar
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 28 yrs exp Hyderabad
This could be a subconjunctival hemorrhage, from your description. Usually it resolves by itself. It may happen after a sudden exertion such as lifting heavy objects, cough, constipation, high BP, etc. If it clears in about one week, you can ignore it, otherwise, it is better to consult an ophthalmologist.