Red Spot in Eye

Doctor I have been sleeping poorly for a few days now, and have been spending most of my time working on my smartphone. This gives me visible red nerves in my left eye. Few minutes back, I noticed a red spot on one of the nerves, near the pupil. After about 10 minutes it suddenly disappeared. What should I do about it?

Doctor Answers (2) on Red Spot in Eye

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello Prolonged working on laptop/TV/mobile can cause computer vision syndrome. Computer vision syndrome is a condition resulting from focusing the eyes on a computer or other display device for, uninterrupted periods of time. Some symptoms of cvs include a. Headaches b blurred vision c. Neck pain d redness in the eyes e. Eye strain f dry eyes sometimes watery eyes these symptoms can be further aggravated by improper lighting conditions. Measures to reduce this include 1. Work under proper light. 2. Blink a lot. 3. Cold compresses 4. Use good lubricating eyedrop
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello it is nothing but strain of your eyes due to constant using of phone... I suggest you to take proper rest between your work and at least sleep for a minimum 8 hours... you also need to drink water well... you can use drops like clearine  which will help  in maintaining eye hydration...you need to keep the brightness less and also use phone with good lighting ..thank you