Recursive thoughts
Hi Doctor, I am from andhra pradesh . currently staying in pune . My father is suffering from Recursive thought and sleepiness. when recursive thoughts are there he scared and worrying . currently i am showing to one psychiatrist in Hyderabad. Thoughts are stopped for 6 months and after that again started and its not curing from last 1 month and are heavy.Doctor told me that he is suffering from delusional disorder .He is having drugs like sulpitec ,qupin and Elicia etc. my father having these problems from last 30 years. so please help me on these two things. 1) is it Delusional disorder? and it is curable or not? 2) Our mother tongue is Telugu so is it not a problem to consult about this with you ?

Dr. Trupti Vedpathak
Addiction Psychiatrist 9 yrs exp Pune

In delusional disorder, patients have false, unshakeable beliefs. They may start doubting the intentions of others or doubt spouse's fidelity or have any other belief about which they are convinced firmly inspite of contrary evidence. It responds to psychotropic medications. It can be treated with medication & kept under control but it can't be cured as it is a chronic illness similar to diabetes & high bp ( which can be treated but not cured completely). Since he had responded to medicine before, the dosages need to be adjusted or changed depending upon the response.