Recurring Urinary Problem

Hi Doctors, I've been experiencing recurring Urinary Tract Infection. I do know Citralka works but only temporary. Could you please advise and provide a permanent solution? Thanks in advance :)
views-icons 118 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Mamta Pattnayak
Gynecologist 14 yrs exp Gurgaon

Hi, frequent urine infection needs to be treated by antibiotics. Citralka is alkaliser, it will give you temporary relief.do urine culture  and meet gynaecologist so that she will give you medicine and also tell you , how to prevent.
Harisha N L

Hello. You should know that female urethra is close to anal canal and it is also short compared to males, so chances of reinfection is high in females. Maintaing a clean hygiene is very important in preventing the reinfection. Drink plenty of water to get rid of bacteria setteled in the urethra or bladder.avoid wearing tight pants, since excessive sweating will act as a breeding site for bacteria.whenever you feel there is a need to go for toilet try to avoid holding it back but avoid public toilets or unclean places which can serve as a source of bacteria for reinfections.sometimes a kidney stone impaction can result in recurrent infection.Injury to back bone can cause neurogenic bladder dysfunction.sometimes this might be psychological so try to destress by doing meditation and yoga on regular basis. If possible kindly consult a urologist for further management.