Recurrent abcess on chest

I have recurring abcess on the chest. First I had one on the right chest and then one year later on the left. Both times I had it surgically drained. Now after two months it's again come up on the left chest at the same location. I need to understand what doctor to meet as a general surgeon just suggests an operation and not why it keeps repeating. I am a diabetic which may be one of the reasons.

Doctor Answers (1) on Recurrent abcess on chest

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there....I can understand your concern. Yes diabetes (especially uncontrolled diabetes) is a very common cause for recurrent abscesses, furunculosis, carbuncles. So try to get you sugars checked regularly and consult your general physician to maintain it. When the abcess occurs, oral antibiotics and incision and drainage (when it is big ) is required. Also you will have to investigated for other immunocompromised state. So kindly consult a general physician and general surgeon for further evaluation.