Recovery of ligament

An operation of reconstruction of acl has been performed on me in January this year. I want to know that how much time it will take to get complete fit so that I could run and play .I am 44 now and gained weight excess around 15 kg which is 80 kilos right now. Please help me .Now I can walk and going out for cycling for 16 kilometres in one hour .

Doctor Answers (3) on Recovery of ligament

Dr. Prathmesh Jain Ahmedabad | Orthopedic Surgeon
Since it is 6 months you can start your normal activity  .  And sports can also be undertaken
Dr. Nataraj H M Bangalore | Orthopedist
Generally running and contract sports can be done after 6 months from the day of reconstruction.. U need undergo proper training before initiating that
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. Well after reconstruction atleast for 6 weeks you need to take proper rest and then gradually you can resume to your activities....but there are always chances of repeated injuries...so make sure that you don't strain yourself very much...thank you