Recovery of ligament
An operation of reconstruction of acl has been performed on me in January this year. I want to know that how much time it will take to get complete fit so that I could run and play .I am 44 now and gained weight excess around 15 kg which is 80 kilos right now. Please help me .Now I can walk and going out for cycling for 16 kilometres in one hour .

Hello.. Well after reconstruction atleast for 6 weeks you need to take proper rest and then gradually you can resume to your activities....but there are always chances of repeated injuries...so make sure that you don't strain yourself very much...thank you
Dr. Prathmesh Jain
Orthopedic Surgeon 20 yrs exp Ahmedabad
Since it is 6 months you can start your normal activity  .  And sports can also be undertaken
Dr. Nataraj H M
Orthopedist 11 yrs exp Bangalore
Generally running and contract sports can be done after 6 months from the day of reconstruction.. U need undergo proper training before initiating that