diabetes-icon

Recently diagnosed diabet

Two months back diagnosed diabetic my fasting blood sugar 147MG/DL and Random sugar 176MG/DL and Hba1c.6.5. As of now I am not using any treatment only diet and exercise.

Doctor Answers (2) on Recently diagnosed diabet

Dr. R.Ravindranath Chennai | Diabetologist
'Sweet' friend, You are having impaired glucose tolerance - a stage in the life of many before overtly becoming a diabetic. The present biochemical picture - so nicely depicted by yourself , implies that you need to be careful. You need to do the following lifestyle changes : a) Your weight needs to be less than or close to the last two digits of your height(eg : 178 cm). b) Diet Tie your mouth to tie down the diabetes demon Eat like a pig - but what the pig eats (lots of fibre). Drink like a fish - but what the fish drinks(lots of water). Veg or Non-Veg, don't eat upto the verge of your throat. c) Exercise The mind to discover self-control. The body to keep below the ideal weight. d) The legs of the chair - weight,diet,exercise , needs a fourth one - watchful vigilance of your blood chemistry periodically to keep you seated firmly on the health pedestal, keeping your head high and bottoms right.
Dr. Sheetal Aversekar Mumbai | Diabetologist
At an hba1c level of 6.5 and a fbs of 147, its better to start treatment. Continue with diet and exercise do that the dose of medications reqd will be minimum.