Rashes and itching

From the past 4 months, rashes appear all over my body with severe itching. They disappear after half an hour and reappear in other places. Have consulted skin specialist, immunologist and gen physician. Only temporary relief, the problem persists. I am on medication for DM type II for the past 6 years. All blood and urine tests normal. Turns severe on non veg food. I stopped having sea food as well.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. Hives are irritating and difficult to live with. Chronic urticaria is the medical terminology and needs proper assessment. The triggers should be identified. Based on your description, it appears that you have chronic urticaria. These conditions have a strong relation to one's internal health and it needs to be evaluated. An attempt to find the root cause of the disease should be made. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation which probably will include a non sedative antihistamine and some other medications based on blood chemistry. A common mistake is to take antihistamines as when and needed while it should be taken for a reasonably long time frame in urticaria whether you develop hives or not. After a certain period, it’s advisable to wean the treatment. Now a day’s modern treatment options also exists which requires once a month treatment. Hope it helps.