Rash on face

I had been suffering from rashes around my nose from 2 years. I used various steriods, but the problem aggravtes once I stop it. My current doctor suspects its is seborrheic dermatitis and advised for chemical peel. So does it permanentaly cure the problem, as it removes the superficial layer of skin? And what are the various laboratory tests performed to pinpoint skin diseases and allergies?
views-icons 64 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Chitrika G .B
Dermatologist 8 yrs exp Bangalore
Rashes around the corners of your nose could be sebborheic dermatitis especially if there is,associated pigmentation. Topical creams do provide relief along with this using an anti-American shampoo well do you good. Most importantly weight reduction can help a lot in preventing recurrence. Chemical peels can reduce the pigmentation.  Lab tests for treating for food allergies as well patch testing for certain common agents, skin prick tests are done tests available for allergy testing.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?