Rapidly put on weight.

I have hypo thyroidism.. and Im not a fat person. Just a little on the chubby side. But lately I have put on a lot of unneccesary weight in the tummy and butt region. Please tell me a quick way to lose weight.

Doctor Answers (2) on Rapidly put on weight.

Ms. Nisha Singh Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi, hope you are well. hypothyroidism tends to lower your metabolism. The result of which is weight gain. You may require a little more effort than others to lose weight. Exercise regularly and do not skip any meals to keep Your metabolism up and working well. Take atleast 2 cups of green tea daily have 3 fruits and drink lots of water. Avoid deep fried foods, junk and sweets. For a more personalized diet you can contact me for an appointment. Hope this guides you.
Dr. Jaya Dewani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hello.... Wish I had a miracle stick for weight loss...... There is no quick way to lose weight..... Diet low in calories and good in protein and good physical activity helps to loose weight. .........First analyse yourself why have you put on weight. 1. Has your requirement of thyroid increased, check your levels and consult a physician. If thyroid levels are low than you tend to put on weight.2. Has your physical activity reduced 3. Are you consuming more food during meals 4. Check your consumption of fried, processed or sweets or sugary foods like chocolate or ice cream or bakery products. Has the frequency or amount of these foods increased. Once you have analysed , than try to act on that.