Quit smoking

I am smoking cigarette from more than one and half year. Initially, i was not addicted to it neither i had any such thought in my mind. But now i agree that i am addicted to it and want to get rid off it. Please help me out i want to quit smoking i smoke near around 8-10 regular size cigarettes per day.

Doctor Answers (1) on Quit smoking

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. It's a very good decision you have taken to quit smoking as the benefits of living a smoke free are great. You need to have self control first of all. Nicotine chewing gums can help you a lot I suggest you try those. Yoga and pranayama will also be of great help. Try to do meditation. As of now apart from the above mentioned advice nothing is required. Not a single medicine. If you are still not able to get rid of it, Consult a psychiatrist. It will take a little time and patience but the results will amaze you. Regards