Pyschoneural depression
My father is an introvert and depressive person. he tries to show it on and feels very bad after it thinking about it.He is an insomniac since day I can say.He had a Heart surgery 2 years ago,which depressed him to the bottom.we are using medicines for this depression which makes him sleepy and numb and effecting him

Dr. Anjendra R Targe
Psychiatrist 7 yrs exp Pune

Hello, Kindly consult with your Psychiatrist at the earliest and discuss the excessive sedation that your father is experiencing. There are always options of non-sedating anti-depressants. Secondly, with your father's cardiac history, it is imperative that he is treated aggressively for his depression as well. Evidence suggests that cardicac mortality increases with inadequately treated depression. So do not stop his meds at any cost. Discuss this issue with your Psychiatrist in person. Good Luck!
Dr. Soumitra Das
Psychiatrist 5 yrs exp Alappuzha
Which meds , u r giving. Old age , multiple comorbid disorders, so, be very cautious...good morbidity with Sertraline and Escitalopram during post MI....