animal-health-icon

Puppy doesnt responds

My newly adopted 3-4 weeks old stray puppy never listens to me. In spite it runs to the neighbour lady who used to feed it sometimes when it was a street dog. But I found it cute n adopted him. I used to let it go outside to play before it got bitten by a stray dog. I consulted a vet. Doctor and gave proper medications. Now he is fine. But I don't let it go out side to play with other dogs as m scared if he gets bitten again but I spend a lot of time WD it play WD it feed it bath etc. But I don't like the fact that it never responds to me. But when that neighbour calls him it runs to her. Why? :( Plus he z so lazi inside the home always keeps on sleeping...

Dr. Prachi Kshatriya
Veterinary Surgeon 3 yrs exp Mohali

actually he listens to the neighbor coz she gives him food nd tht is a bad habit see it doesn't matters if hez a stray but u hv to ask ur neighbor to stop feeding him coz hez too young for training nd try to pat him or scold him wen he does tht...so itz managmntal problm