animal-health-icon

Puppy got bitten

My newly adopted stray puppy got bitten by an stray dog night before yesterday night on his throat it bleeded badly. For a first aid I wiped the wound with savlon and applied soframycin and mixed tablets of vovran and doxy in its milk. Next day I took it to the doctor where he got 3 injections i.e rabies tatnus and some pain killer. Doctor suggested to keep mixing those tablets in his milk therefore today morning I mixed half half of both tablets in his milk after cleaning it by savlon and bathing with warm water he drank all the milk and then slept But I don't know why he z sleeping since then and when i try to wake him up he z behaving like drunk human bumping here n there walking closed eyes and then again goes to sleep after a bit. What z wrong with him? Is it the impact of medicines or overdose? Plzz suggest.

Dr. Prachi Kshatriya
Veterinary Surgeon 3 yrs exp Mohali

See with pain killers like vovran,etc since these r heavy pain killers so the dog feels drowsy nd in my opinion u shud nt giv vovran for long as it leads to gastric upset
Dr. Praveen Dutt Sharma
Veterinary Surgeon 13 yrs exp Noida

Pls avoid giving diclofenec in dogs. Might have created extrapyramidal syndrome like symptoms in pup. Go to the vet and start giving fluid to avoid or eliminate diclofenec from body.