Psychic illnesses..

Hello doctor, Currently I'm on consultation with a psychiatrist for the past 2 weeks in a private hospital. It's not a mental hospital. Psychiatry is one of the departments in that multi speciality hospital. I'm not at all satisfied with the doctor and the way hospital staffs are treating a patient with psychic illness. The doctor is not listening to me. While I'm saying my problems, he is attending phone calls, looking somewhere else and within 2-3 minutes he gives the medical prescription. The staffs at the hospital are laughing in groups pointing at me. These kind of atmosphere triggers my LSE and other social anxiety regarding mental disorders. The psychiatrist at this hospital is not regular consultant. He just comes to the hospital weekly once. I think medicines alone can not cure my problems. I need counseling too. Now what should I do? Should I continue with the same doctor at the same hospital or should I visit a speciality Psychiatry hospitals? Please help me. Thank you.

Doctor Answers (1) on Psychic illnesses..

Dr. Amit Jagtiani Agra | Psychiatrist
You have several options. You can talk to your psychiatrist about your concerns. Some of your concerns could be a manifestation of your illness for example, thinking that others are laughing at u or pointing fingers at u. If your psychiatrist is not genuinely interested in listening to your concerns then you can change your psychiatrist. Any psychiatrist, in private practice, governnent sector, or in psychiatric hospitals, is good if he/she gives time to listen to u.