Psychiatric help
I am having marital problems. I have separated from my husband a few months back in Aug. He had started beating me on several occasions. I believe it was because he used to drink excessively which took a toll on his mental state. He had bruised my eye and thus I decided to separate. He says that I provoke him , I beat him and all this makes me lose hope to reconcile with him. I now stay with my parents. Doctor is there any hope to sort this out. Because this was not the first time he had beaten me . Every time I trusted him and went back again to stay with him again he would do the same. I feel he needs to overcome his anger and change.

Ms. Hema Sampath
Clinical Psychologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

I totally  agree with your point that nobody has right to beat or physically abuse any other person. Is this habit of him is there even before  marriage? !! Was the fight used to land up in unnecessary arguments and you somewhere  contributed to provoke him knowing that he is drunk?!!!! Contemplate on those areas,  if u still jot able to get a clarity .,I would suggest you to consult a Psychological Counsellor/ Relationship Counsellor to handle this issue .
Ms. Raisa Luther
Psychologist 5 yrs exp Hyderabad
Hello, i can understand your situation. Abuse in any form (emotional and physical) will continue as long as you allow it to. In order to help someone else, first you need to help yourself. Seek the assistance of a professional counsellor and plan out the next steps with their help. Best of luck.
Dr. Parikshit Mahimkar
Homeopath 8 yrs exp Mumbai
Be hopeful of life. Dont feel isolated. Visit a Marriage Counsellor.
Dr. Mohit Shah
Psychiatrist 10 yrs exp Mumbai
Most patients who have alcohol dependence do not realise there problems, also his aggressive nature can be attributed to alcohol and underlying mental health issues, if his parents are going to stand by your side and get him treated for his alcohol and mental health problems then you can give this marriage a chance, otherwise get separated, I don't think you are responsible for his aggression so don't feel guilty, start your life a fresh if this marriage is not working out by concentrating on your professional success