Prp therapy for hair

I have completed my first session of prp hair treatment. I have a doubt. Is it normal to have more hairfall after first session?

Doctor Answers (2) on Prp therapy for hair

NAGARAJU D Hyderabad | Dermatosurgeon
Dear patient
U started PRP session just 2-4 weeks back..
It takes 3 months to take effect for prp to reduce hair fall and see growth..
So hair fall u r experiencing is the natural course and need not to worry.. But it will improve over few weeks..
Post PRP increase in hair fall is not common. However if you have just started your hair fall treatment in last 2-4 weeks and are using a medicine called minoxidil, it can happen. It settles by itself in another 2 weeks. Certain Dermatologists advice procedures like PRP therapy, platelet rich plasma therapy when needed which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. PRP needs multiple sessions roughly at 6 weeks intervals. PRP is rich in components needed for the hair to grow and become healthier. However it is a top-up treatment and has to be done in parallel to the main medications for hair fall. PRP therapy is increasingly being accepted by dermatologists all over the world. The cost of single session widely varies depending upon manual PRP preparation or automated and the expertise of the dermatologist. For manual prepared PRP it should be in the range of Rs 5000 to Rs 7000 for a single session, however this is an estimate.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.