Hypothyroid + PRP

Can a hypothyroidism patient use PRP hair loss treatment ?
I have been currently diagnosed with a high TSH while normal T3 and T4 values. I want to undergo PRP treatment for my hair loss. Will the high TSH value pose a problem for PRP treatment??

Doctor Answers (1) on Hypothyroid + PRP

Dr. Vignessh Raj Bangalore | Dermatologist
Hello. As u have recently done ur thyroid function test , I want to share with you regarding ur query. . As such, thyroid hormones doesn't affect your PRP results directly. . But it will affect the platelet aggregation in your serum. If someone is  hyperthyroid, it will reduce the aggregation of platelets and in hypothyroid (ur condition) it will enhance the aggregation through ADP. . And wen treatment is taken and wen the thyroid levels become normal , the platelet aggregation too will become normal. . so indirectly it affects d effect of PRP. That too in a minimal way. .

key points for u in a simpler way:

* If thyroid hormones r high - platelet function will be low

In your condition as ur thyroid hormones r less, it will be more beneficial. But at the mean while u should correct ur thyroid hormones to prevent any complications due to hypothyroidism.
Hope it helped u.
Thank you.