Prolong bleeding
I am facing problem with my periods. My periods happen every 15days. I mean monthly twice. So it takes the entire month for bleeding.. I am facing it from 2 months. I am sexually active person. Plz let me know what may be the problem.. I have also gained weight..

Dr. Prabha Eliya Singan
Gynecologist 29 yrs exp Bangalore
hi your condition is called polymenorrhoea. because it is a recent event and you are sexually active   first i have to rule out prgnancy and related complications with blood bhcg deal with it if positive. .if negative it could be because of exibition hormonepills you are  taking for contraceptionor because of hormonal problem like thyrotoxicosis.. if no it could be pelvic infection  which can be ruled out by physical examination culture and treated. if infection is not there and there is no pathology it is called dub which could be because of stress life style etc  which can be symptomatically treated and followed up. hope the answer is sufficient. kindly go for a gynaec check up most of the time it will be simple cause. diagnosis is always by elimination with logic and objective evidence