Problem in right shoulder

I have had problems in my right shoulder for few years now. If I have my right arm raised or placed on an elevated table, there is heavy pain in my ball and socket joint for the rest of the day. I am unable to lift any heavy item with my right hand, it pain at the joint if I do...

Dr. Nitish Mandal
Spine and Pain Specialist 6 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi, this is Dr Nitish M.D. Shoulder pain comes commonly from any of the ligaments or bursa, and rarely from the joint surface itself. A proper examination and MRI would be needed to accurately diagnose the problem. Treatment options are medicines, physiotherapy, exercise, injections, surgery. Pain of many years will not go with medicines and physio alone. Accurate Injections with steroids or platelets can heal this because the whole medicine will get concentrated in the painful tissue. Arthroscopic surgery should be your last option if injections fail.