Problem in right shoulder
I have had problems in my right shoulder for few years now. If I have my right arm raised or placed on an elevated table, there is heavy pain in my ball and socket joint for the rest of the day. I am unable to lift any heavy item with my right hand, it pain at the joint if I do...
45 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Nitish Mandal
Spine And Pain Specialist 8 yrs exp Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹300 for 24 hrs

Hi, this is Dr Nitish M.D. Shoulder pain comes commonly from any of the ligaments or bursa, and rarely from the joint surface itself. A proper examination and MRI would be needed to accurately diagnose the problem. Treatment options are medicines, physiotherapy, exercise, injections, surgery. Pain of many years will not go with medicines and physio alone. Accurate Injections with steroids or platelets can heal this because the whole medicine will get concentrated in the painful tissue. Arthroscopic surgery should be your last option if injections fail.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.