Problem after saw palmeto

Hi, I'm from Bangalore, I took saw palmetto with lycopene for one month in middle of May to June, 2016, after that I am getting some physical and sexual problem from them to till now, I'm having now erection problem , libido problem, sometimes headache, nausea , before taking saw palmetto everything was normal, no problems with me, I met a doctor before because of my hair problem, suggested me that it might be from dehydro testosterone ( DHT ), so gave me saw palmetto with lycopene, I used only for one month and when I got problem I left immediately, from June I have erection problem and I lost my sexual desire, I thought I took saw palmetto recently so I'm getting problem but if I don't take it for next few months I will become normal again, but after 4.5 months also I am having same problem, feeling like an impotent, what to do now ? I'm just 25 now, please suggest me, Thank you,

Doctor Answers (2) on Problem after saw palmeto

Hi Saw palmetto is probably the cause of decreased desire and can cause erectile dysfunction as it acts very similiar to allopathic drugs finasteride and dutasteride which we use for prostate enlargement. Both finasteride and dutasteride causes decreased desire and erectile dysfunction and hence we only use it in old age for prostate enlargement. Finasteride is used at one fifth of the normal dose for hair loss. I have not used saw palmetto for hair loss. Please discontinue it and wait for few months for the effect to be reversed. If no effect the get your male hormone levels checked for which you will have to consult an urologist
Don't worry, for both of your conditions very good treatment available in Ayurveda.
get testosterone level tested, visit nearby Ayurveda physician with reports.
avoid excess use of salt & spicy food items, late night sleep.