Pregnancy with thyroid
Is it possible to conceive with a thyroid condition? My sister is pushing 30 and also suffering from thyroid condition for last 3 years and put on so much weight ... her periods became irregular. .. sometimes skips too. She did a ultrasound and doc said she has a cyst too. She is very upset and somehow gotten into this idea that she can never become a mother ever ... Is it true? Cannot she be treated? How can I help her?

Hello there. I can understand your concern, well of course she can become pregnant. why does she feel she cannot become pregnant. take thyroid and cyst medications regularly and she will be fine. all her problems related to weight gain, irregular periods will normalise and then she can try to conceive. many people have worse problems but they also do become pregnant. no need to think in a negative way. take her to a gynaecologist for further management. best regards, Dr.Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Disha Sridhar
Obstetrician 13 yrs exp Bangalore
Absolutely it's possible to heal from all these things and have a healthy pregnancy. Please read my blogs on www.teuhealing.com. Hope that helps.
Dr. Rachna Verma
Gynecologist 21 yrs exp Delhi
She can definitely conceive. Thyroid disorder doesn't make you infertile. USG says that she has cyst in the ovary it can be a polycystic ovary. She should visit a good infertility specialist and get her full hormonal profile done to find out the exact cause.