Pregnancy TSH issue
I am 8 weeks pregnant with history of hypothyroidism. My current TSH is six point five and free T4 is one point zero three. I am taking seventy five mg of thyrox. Do I need to increase my thyrocx dosage?

Dr. Aditi Kishore Shinde
Gynecologist 10 yrs exp Kolkata
Dear Ma'am, Thank you for your query regarding thyroid profile. In pregnancy,  the target in the first trimester is a TSH between 3.5-3.  Due to homology between beta HCG and TSH sometimes the levels may fluctuate in the first trimester. As the first trimester thyroid levels are vital for embroyonic growth. Please consult your Obstetrician with your TSH report to increase the level by 25-50 ug titrated every 3-4 weeks to obtain normal TSH level. I hope I was able to resolve your query. Regards, Aditi Kishore Shinde