Pregnancy & pimple issues
Hi doc,I have oily acne prone skin and as perscibed by my skin doc have been using ointments like aziderm and deriva cms gel for my acne . Now am pregnant and i stopped using these ointments before i got pregnant . Now since my skin is getting worse am thinking of using these ointments. is it ok to use the above ointments when am pregnant ??or will this cause any other sideeffects ?? or if so are there other ointments i can use wen am pregnant for my skin ?. please advice . Thanks in advance

Dr. Rasya Dixit

Hi! It is safe to use azelaic acid (aziderm) during pregnancy. You can also use clindamycin or benzoyl peroxide gels. Please use these medicines in a very small quantity otherwise it may irritate the skin. Do not use creams containing adaplene ( deriva CMS) when pregnant or feeding your baby. Regards Dr Rasya Dixit