Predisposition to lying

I don't know why, but somehow, lying seems to be the natural solution to a situation for me. And an alarming fact about it(something which I'm sometimes quite proud of) is that I can do it pretty well and feel little or no remorse for it as a result. But this has almost gotten me into a lot of trouble off late and that's why I'm looking for help.

Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan
Counselling Psychologist 14 yrs exp Chennai

Dear friend, No individual is born with any habits. You have developed this habit at some situation of your life. You need behavior modification. Try the following technique. Write what you want like you always speak the truth. Write assertive sentences and read it at least 5 times daily. This will help you come out of this habit of lying. Any further help, feel free to contact. Visit www.mastermindfoundation.com Wishes
Ms. Hema Sampath
Clinical Psychologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

I feel this behaviour of yours was developed in your childhood at some situation which was successful and you continue it without much effort. As you have rightly mentioned, it's causing some difficulty at times is a natural process. Do visit a Counsellor and learn to come out of it better and quicker.
Dr. Harsha
Hello there...I can understand your concern for your health. Firstly it is important that you are realising your mistake and want to correct it. Overcoming such psychological issues alone is very difficult. So it would be better if you consult a psychiatrist for further evaluation. Also you can try methods like yoga or meditation to help relax your mind and gain better health.