Power increasing

My power was -3.5 on both the eyes. It was stable for many years. Eversince i started to work on computers because ny job demands it, my power has gone up. 6 months back i got the checkup done and it was -4.50 and -4.75 on respective eyes. I wear contacts. Since i started feeling that my vision is slightly blurred i got a chck up done and now its -5.5 on both eyes. Im very worried. How can there be a tremendous increase in power. Iam 24 years. Why is it increasing? One lady asked if i use mobile phones too much. I use it before going to sleep. Not regularly but sort of. Does this mean i have some physical issues or something ?? Is it common to increase like this. I am worried. Pls advice. I just want to know if this power increase is suggesting some health issues ? I dont know if i have any health issues as it. Iam skinny :/ and iam definitely not diabetic.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

There is no medication or food for improving eyesight or to get rid of glasses. If not interested in glasses then you can try a. Contact lens b. Lasik laser as your age is now 18 years so your number will not increase now whether you wear glasses or not as number becomes stable at age of 18-20 yrs. Having said that I advise you to eat balanced diet including green vegetables and seasonal fruits for keeping eyes and body healthy. It is not normal for a person to get this increase in power of glasses at this age. kindly take second opinion

Hello.... I can understand your anxiety... But power don't increase or decrease suddenly.. Who tested your eyes and whether it's manual or computerized all these matters... You don't worry about this variation. 0.5 D variation is common with test... Use spectacles all the time except sleep... Have fruits and vegetables maintain healthy body even if it's lean body.