Plaque on tongue

I've been brushing twice a day.. and using tongue scraper daily to clean the tongue but somehow the white deposit gets back within 24 hours.. please suggest any remedy or product to use.. scraper is not helping and also hurting my tongue..

Doctor Answers (4) on Plaque on tongue

Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
Cleaning of the tongue is considered an integral part of toothbrushing.... you should clean your tongue daily whenever you clean your teeth, but you should never use a tongue scraper whether it is plastic or metal..... always clean your tongue with your toothbrush only because toothbrush can effectively clean the small finger like projections on the tongue more deeply without causing any damage to the taste buds.....
White coating on the tongue can also be an indicator of dehydration so you should think about increasing your fluid intake also.... redeposition of plaque in the next 24 hours is a normal phenomenon and that is why we need to brush our teeth and clean our tongue twice daily.... Regards......
Your tongue need not be red as a cherry. Some amount of white deposit is considered normal due to the cells that make ur superficial layer of tongue. You need not scrape your tongue harder. Although if your deposit on tongue is too and bothers you get your mouth checked by an oral physician who will check and let you know the best lifestyle change regarding your diet and oral hygiene and prescribe you medications (if required).
Dr. Sanjay Shah Mumbai | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
I feel u may be having some vitamin or nutritional deficiency.  Candidiasis is a common tongue problem which occurs in patients having bad food habits and irregular lifestyle.  Plz get all vitamins including vit c,  b.  And sleep for 8 hours every night.  Avoid too much alcohol,  smoking and eat lots of green leafy vegetables and fruits. Feel free to consult Laser Smile Care Centre. God bless u.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi.... Adjust your diet. Avoid food and beverages that can cause bad breath. Avoid sticky, sugary foods....... Avoid dry mouth. To keep your mouth moist, avoid tobacco and drink plenty of water — not coffee, soft drinks or alcohol, which can lead to a drier mouth and plague formation... Chew gum or suck on candy — preferably sugarless — to stimulate saliva....