Plantar Faciitis

I have plantar faciitis since last 4 years. It had improved with physiotherapy, contrast bath at home daily and wearing insoles. However, recently after my delivery about 8 months back the pain has increased tremendously and nothing seems to help me reduce the pain. The pain is on the heel and lower outer end - mid feet on both my feet. I have tried continuing with contrast bath at home and wearing insoles again, but no help. Since last few weeks i have also noticed a little swelling in the pain areas. I did not put much weight during my pregnancy and am trying to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I am 5'4" and weight about 63 kgs currently. Please suggest as the pain is really bothering me and affecting my day to day activities. The pain is at its peak at night when i go to bed. Just to add i also tried ayurveda recently but no help with the pain. Im willing to try anything that can help me.

Doctor Answers (1) on Plantar Faciitis

You should continue with your contrast bath treatment. Painkillers should be avoided as you are breastfeeding the child. You may need splinting in the night if the pain is severe.
You should consult an orthopaedic surgeon who should decide the further course of treatment. You may need local steroid injection /splinting.