Planning first baby
Hi Doctors, We're married 7 months before now we planning for our first baby. My friends who already have baby suggested my wife to take Folvite (Folic acid tablets 5mg). Is this safe and tell me how it will help for pregnancy? Also, is this tablets only for women ? Or I also can take this tablet? Please help us by clarifying my doubts and also give some tips for safe pregnancy ? Thanks in advance

Dr. Kuldeep Wagh
Gynecologist 13 yrs exp Pune

Folic acid is a vitamin which jeeps the reproductive organs healthy n also prevent defects in the fetus. They can be taken by both. Though they r not going to impact ur pregnancy but keep ur organs healthy
Dr. Himani Gupta
Gynecologist 12 yrs exp Navi Mumbai

Hi, Folic Acid is a vitamin, meant to be taken by woman who wants to become pregnant. It is to prevent neural tube defects in baby. For safe pregnancy, I advise you to consult with your Gynaecologist and get a pre pregnancy check up done