Pimples and pores

I have pimples on my face from last 4-5 years. They are getting worse now. On my nose there are pimples they are not reducing the size. Please help me to get rid of the pimples and pores.

Doctor Answers (2) on Pimples and pores

Dr.VENU KUMARI Hyderabad | Dermatologist
Pimples occur mainly due to hormonal imbalances which causes an overproduction of oil and cells inside a skin follicle. They block the opening of the skin pore and cause the follicle under the skin to swell and become red. It usually starts in teenage, but most of the time lasts into adulthood. Pimples can’t be cured, but it can be controlled with treatment. There are many over the counter medications available in pharmacy but you need to use skin products which are most suitable to your skin. Avoid taking anti-acne medications without knowing a skin type. Contact a dermatologist in your area to know your the cause of your pimples and let them advise you the medications and skin products most suitable to your skin for remarkable results. Treatment of acne includes medicines to reduce the outgrowths, use of skin products such as face wash, cleansers, moisturisers according to your skin type and a whole range of aesthetic procedures like peels, laser therapy to reduce the current outbreaks and clean the skin, extract blackheads and whiteheads and clean clogged pores. They are safe and do not harm your skin in a long run. To know more about which cosmetic procedure is best for your skin type, contact your nearest dermatologist today.
Hi. Greetings. Acne is a chronic problem. You may need a few medications and lifestyle changes for long term improvement.
The following would help you :
1. Daily use of gel based sunscreen in day time of SPF 30 applied half hour before sun exposure to prevent darkening of spots.
2. Daily bed time use of retinoid cream
3. Antibiotic agents short course-  prescribed by dermatologist for controlling out bursts .salicylic acid based or benzoyl peroxide based face wash for oily skin.
4. Evaluation by dermatologist for any other trigger or need for oral retinoids- this will indeed help but should be taken only if necessary and under monitoring. Also salicylic acid Peel if needed
5. Procedures like microneedling rf, fractional lasers or just microneedling for scars are helpful and necessary. Chemical peels for acne and spots.
Using an anti fungal shampoo will be of great help in reducing dandruff and also pimples on forehead
6. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin.
You may Send further queries/ pics of lesions on private follow up chat.
Hope this helps.
Warm regards.