Pimple scars on face
Hi I am tackling with my acne issues since 5yrs and finally few months back I've recovered.But these acne left my face with some dark spots and large amount of scars too.My skin type is oily and dark .So should I go for dermabrasion?Is it expensive?Is their any alternatives?What's the best method?

Dr. Harikiran Chekuri
Plastic, Reconstructive, Aesthetic Surgeon 11 yrs exp Hyderabad

Hi , avoiding acne scar is always best by using timely medication prescribed by your doctor, once scarring appears there are almost permanent. .dermabrasion, chemical peels, derma roller, lasers ..all of these r common used methods to treat these scars either by single modality or combing few . Laser scar removal is a non-invasive, advanced approach to scar treatment that offers excellent results without the discomfort and downtime of surgery. It uses fractional laser technology to reduce the look of scars without harming surrounding skin. In just a few fast, easy treatment sessions, scars are much less visible. You can contact dermatologist or laser specialist before taking any decision. Good luck