Pharyngitis
I think I have developed pharyngitis for I have trouble swallowing and there is a little swelling beside my tonsil. I started feeling a little uncomfortable 3 days back but I ignored it and went ahed and had an iced lemonade and didn't stop smoking. Now I am really facing a lot of pain. Please help!

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 21 yrs exp Bangalore

You have wasted enough time already. Use the Practo app to find a good ENT Specialist near you who needs to examine your Ears, Nose & Throat and treat you appropriately. And for heaven's sake STOP SMOKING! It s not hip, more so an addiction which is a sign of monumental stupidity!
Dr. Harisha N L

Drink plenty of water,eat soft foods like cooked cereal, mashed potatoes, soft fruits, yogurt and soft-cooked eggs...give adequate rest to your body..Avoid spicy foods or acidic foods. Gargle with warm salt water. gargling several times a day can help relieve throat pain....you will require antibiotics to clear up infection..