Periods problem

I am unmarried girl of age 24.I got my periods in 20 days itself ...every time I used to have a gap of 30 days...but this time it seems to be unabnormal.is this sign of any pblm ?

Doctor Answers (3) on Periods problem

Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, There are various reasons behind irregular periods. What is your body weight? Are you overweight? Visit a gynecologist and get yourself examined to rule out the cause. You can visit my clinic International Fertility Centre located in New Delhi for further evaluation. My clinic offers varied gynaecological treatments and services to help you have a successful treatment. You can mail your contact details to reach you.
Dr. Swati Chitnis Mumbai | Gynecologist
Periods are affected by several factors, like medicines, change in routine, stress, thyroid disorders. Single irregular period should not worry you. Keep a track of your dates for next couple of months. You will need investigations in case it recurs.
ultrasound, TSH
Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist
Irregular  period( early or late) is a sign of underlying  hormone imbalance  if it happens  on a regular  basis.
Good news is that your problem  can be totally reversed, not by masking the symptoms  but by addressing  the root cause of your issue. To know more on this, please read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health feeds. Hope that helps....