Period problem

M having pcos n hypothyroid since 2014.i have taken the treatment but cysts are still there.my problem is my periods are declining. Dates are normal having a gap of 25 day or 26day but no. Of days is less ..only 1 day or 1 n half.. My dr. Suggested me matformin for me to loose weight but my aunt who is also a dr told me not to take that as it is harmful .What should I do ?will the pcos be there for the whole life??i want a proper diet for pcos. Thank you !

Doctor Answers (2) on Period problem

Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Please read my blog on PCOS. Hope that helps.
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, PCOS cannot be treated completely by medicines, it can only be managed. Yes metformin is known to reduce weight among PCOS patients it is safe (most people worry that it causes decrease in blood sugar level,,, but it decrease blood sugar level to normal of high but not below normal, so can be safely used). Weight reduction improves PCOS diet is not necessary,, physical exercise is also important.