Pcos treatment

Hi,  I m detected with PCOS as per my sonography reports,  same confirmed by my gynec.  However my blood tests show my fasting glucose to insulin ratio to be around 9.1 Its been around 6 months the ratio is not reducing. My gynec has suggested to wait till the ratio falls to 4.5 before starting the medication. However i m experiencing a lot of problems like weight gain and facial hair. I wanted to ask if it is wise to wait till the ratio falls to 4.5 or can the medication be started before that happens and will it havr any kind of side effects. Please help

Doctor Answers (2) on Pcos treatment

Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Please read my blog on PCOS. Hope that helps.
Dr. Himani Gupta Navi Mumbai | Gynecologist
Hi, even if you are waiting for medicines, you can still concentrate on physical exercise, diet and keeping your weight in check. There are now non hormonal medicines available for PCOS, which are safe. Please have a frank discussion with your Gynaecologist, share your concerns and act on advise