Period blood color change

I took the i pill after unprotected sex.... my next period started at 23d day which is early  and first day the the color of blood was reddish orange but next day normal blood started.... am i pregnent??? 

Doctor Answers (1) on Period blood color change

Thank you for your question.
It is very common to get irregular bleeding or have periods preponed or delayed when you have taken the ipill. unfortunately the bleeding pattern does not predict a pregnancy. The only way to rule out a pregnancy is to do a urine pregnancy test if your period is late or very light. Usually its better to do the test with an early morning urine sample. If the test is negative you can wait for your period to come. If you don't get a period please repeat the pregnancy test after two weeks.
I would also suggest using more reliable contraception in addition to condoms. Condoms are good at preventing infections but have a higher than acceptable failure rate. If you decide to only use condoms please buy a spare pack of ipill so you can take it as soon as possible after a condom accident.
hope this helps