Perianal abscess

I had perianal abscess 4 days before, I went for second opinion too. After ultrasound scan, It was clear that I need to undergo surgery, but yesterday pain got reduced and I asked doctor to get an ultrasound scan one more time to check if abscess is reduced. And as expected, there was no abscess seen in the scan. It was drying off from inside. Now doctor adviced me to continue prescribed medicine for some more time and asked me to meet on next Saturday. I am taking sitz bath, having medicine and having ayurvedic medicine also, even warm milk with Turmeric. Medicines I am having : Cobadex forte Orni O Pantocid Ultracentrifuge Could there be chances of recurrence? Should I be worried about it? Kindly suggest...

Dr. Jyoti Talukdar
Medical Microbiologist 18 yrs exp Gurgaon

A small perianal abscess will heal with this measure.  Sitz bath is essential.  Sometimes it may develop fistulas when surgery is must.
Dr. P. Vijayaraghavan
Consultant Physician 33 yrs exp Chennai

If the abscess is subsiding with medicine then there is no need for surgery. Complete the prescribed medicine; continue for few more days if there is incomplete resolution.
To prevent recurrence - avoid constipation, prolonged sitting, and tackle any specific cause for your present abscess.