Penis foreskin undetached

Penis foreskin which is supposed to get detached from the tip (as one grows up) is still attached in my case. This helps me go on for really long times if i wear a condom but makes it painful for me to have unprotected sex. My question is whether it is safe to get it cut (not circumcision) now or am I doomed for life?

Doctor Answers (1) on Penis foreskin undetached

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Phimosis is the inability to fully retract the foreskin (or prepuce) over the glans penis due to a narrow opening.

Acquired phimosis is a consequence of poor hygiene, forceful retraction of the tight foreskin over the glans penis and recurrent infections. 

Application of weak topical corticosteroid creams to the tip of the penis proves to be effective in several cases. Surgery is performed in cases where conservative treatment fails. Circumcision (surgical removal of foreskin) is the only permanent cure.